One of the greatest comedians of early television, Sid Caesar hasn't had his work shown in perennial reruns, so it's especially gratifying to see a collection of his classic sketches released on video, with Caesar himself introducing the material. Besides being a truly gifted comic, Caesar benefited from having some brilliant supporting players, including Carl Reiner, Imogene Coca, and Nanette Fabray. Some of his illustrious writers, including Neil Simon, Woody Allen, and Mel Brooks, appear in interviews setting up the sketches. The sketches themselves include some all-time classics such as Caesar and company playing the figurines populating a medieval town clock (a brilliant bit partly written by Neil Simon and his brother, Danny, who reminisce after the sketch).
Du kanske också är intresserad av
- Gena Rowlands: Fruktansvärt kul att klå upp grabbar
- Gael García Bernal: Filma först, fråga sen
- Eva Green: Inget “bong-bong” i Bond
- Hugh Grant: Man kan bli en normal, civiliserad människa
- Killing-gänget: 20-årsjubileum för “En liten film”
- Biopremiärer vecka 7: 6 nya filmer på bio – här ser du alla trailers