When Roger Balfour is found shot dead in his London home, his death is declared a suicide by Inspector Burke of Scotland Yard, even though the executor of Balfour's estate, Sir James Hamlin, insists his friend never would have taken his own life. Five years later, the abandoned Balfour house comes to life again with the arrival of two sinister-looking tenants: a fiendish-looking man with pointed teeth, bulging eyes and a tall beaver hat, and a pale young woman in a long gown. The presence of the strangers prompts Sir James, who lives next door, to call in Inspector Burke again. Also living in the Hamlin household are the other people who were also present in Balfour's house the night he died: Sir James' nephew, Arthur Hibbs; the late Balfour's now-grown daughter, Lucille; and Williams, the butler. Burke expresses skepticism about Sir James' suspicions that the new neighbors might have been involved in Balfour's death...
- 93:e Oscarsgalan 2021: Nomineringarna är här!
- TV-serien Jägarna: Andra säsongen får premiär 8 mars
- Väntar på filmen om GameStop?: 19 filmer och TV-serier om finanslivet du kan se nu
- “Star” lanseras: Fler filmer och serier på Disney+
- Inspelning 2023: Stockholms blodbad blir storfilm
- Cannes 2021?: Världens främsta filmfestival siktar på juli
Du kanske också är intresserad av
- Dracula Reborn
- Les cocottes en papier
- Only Lovers Left Alive
- La poule phénomène
- Albert Nobbs