JULIA covers the 1930s when Lillian attained fame with the production of her play "The Childrens' Hour" on Broadway. It centers on Lillian's relationship with her friend, Julia. It's a relationship that goes beyond mere acquaintance and one for which the word "love" seems appropriate. While Julia attends the University in Vienna, Lillian suffers through revisions of her play with her mentor and sometimes lover Dashiel Hammett. After becoming a celebrated playwright, Lillian is invited to a writers conference in Russia. Julia, having taken up the battle against fascism, enlists Lillian en route to smuggle money through Nazi Germany which will assist in the Anti-Fascist cause. During a brief meeting with Julia on this trip, Lillian learns that Julia has had a child which is called Lilly.
- Gena Rowlands: Fruktansvärt kul att klå upp grabbar
- Gael García Bernal: Filma först, fråga sen
- Eva Green: Inget “bong-bong” i Bond
- Hugh Grant: Man kan bli en normal, civiliserad människa
- Killing-gänget: 20-årsjubileum för “En liten film”
- Biopremiärer vecka 7: 6 nya filmer på bio – här ser du alla trailers