Shopgirl Betty Lou Spence is in love with her handsome employer, Cyrus Waltham, Jr. However, he is already romantically linked to socialite Adela Van Norman. Cyrus's friend Monty notices Betty and she uses him to get closer to Cyrus. She finally gets Cyrus's attention and convinces him to take her on a date at an amusement park. Later, Betty Lou proclaims herself as a mother to protect her roommate Molly from having her baby taken away. Cyrus hears of Betty Lou's supposed motherhood and offers to pay for her living expenses, but doesn't offer marriage. Betty Lou is insulted and refuses. When Cyrus hosts a yachting trip, Betty Lou makes Monty take her along. Cyrus gives in to her charms and proposes, only to be rejected. He then learns the truth about the baby and they reconcile at the end of the film.
Du kanske också är intresserad av
- Gena Rowlands: Fruktansvärt kul att klå upp grabbar
- Gael García Bernal: Filma först, fråga sen
- Eva Green: Inget “bong-bong” i Bond
- Hugh Grant: Man kan bli en normal, civiliserad människa
- Killing-gänget: 20-årsjubileum för “En liten film”
- Biopremiärer vecka 7: 6 nya filmer på bio – här ser du alla trailers