Police Inspector Kurt Wallander and his team investigate the murder of an elderly farm couple, Maria and Johannes Lovgren. Nothing seemed to have been taken from their run-down house so the police initially rule out robbery as a motive. They subsequently learn from Johannes's brother that the dead man was actually quite wealthy and when the bank confirms he withdrew a large sum every calendar quarter, they revise their ideas about a possible motive. Of equal concern to Wallander is a news report that Maria Johannes' last word to him before she died was that her attacker was a foreigner. Soon, the migrant farm workers in the area for the harvest are being targeted by vigilantes. Meanwhile, Wallander is having his own problems. He's in less than good health - he's a diabetic - and he's not sure he approves of his daughter's new boyfriend. As well, his father's dementia is worsening and he faces the prospect of having to institutionalize him.
Du kanske också är intresserad av
- Gena Rowlands: Fruktansvärt kul att klå upp grabbar
- Gael García Bernal: Filma först, fråga sen
- Eva Green: Inget “bong-bong” i Bond
- Hugh Grant: Man kan bli en normal, civiliserad människa
- Killing-gänget: 20-årsjubileum för “En liten film”
- Biopremiärer vecka 7: 6 nya filmer på bio – här ser du alla trailers